When God Changes Our Plans
I love this verse because it reminds me that we can make all the plans we want, but ultimately, the Lord is the One who establishes our steps.
I don't know about you, but I like to have a plan. I like knowing where I'm going, what I'm doing, and what comes next. There is something comforting about having things figured out.
But life doesn't always work that way, does it?
We make our plans, and then God sometimes takes us in a completely different direction.
Sometimes He opens doors we never expected.
Sometimes He closes doors we were sure we were supposed to walk through.
Sometimes He changes our plans so completely that we find ourselves wondering, “Lord, what are You doing?”
I've had plenty of moments like that in my own life.
I've had things I thought would happen that didn't. I've had plans that didn't work out the way I thought they would. And I've had seasons where I simply had to trust God even though I couldn't see where He was leading me.
And that's really what this verse comes down to for me: trust.
I can make my plans, but I have to remember that God sees what I can't see.
He knows what's ahead.
He knows what is best for me.
He knows the people I'll meet, the circumstances I'll face, the opportunities that will come, and even the things I may never understand this side of heaven.
I see the step in front of me. God sees the entire path.
Sometimes we may wonder why God didn't allow something to happen the way we wanted. We may not understand why He closed a particular door or why He took us down a road we never intended to travel.
But I've learned that just because something doesn't go according to my plan doesn't mean it isn't going according to His plan.
Sometimes what we think is a detour is actually God's direction.
Sometimes a closed door is God's protection.
Sometimes a delay is God's preparation.
And sometimes God takes us somewhere we never planned to go because He knows that's exactly where we need to be.
So yes, make your plans. Dream your dreams. Set your goals. Make wise decisions and do your best to move forward.
But don't forget to leave room for God to change those plans.
Because if my plans don't line up with His, His plan is going to win out anyway.
And honestly, I'm okay with that.
Because I would much rather have God establish my steps than spend my life trying to establish them myself.
I may not always understand where He's taking me, but I can trust the One who is leading me.
He knows the way. He knows the destination. And He knows every step in between.
“The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.”
— Proverbs 16:9
No comments:
Post a Comment