I really like the way the picture above reads, but I wanted to share what the NIV version of the Bible says as well:
“For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.” — Psalm 91:11 (NIV)
No matter where life takes us, we are never truly alone. God is with us, and He commands His angels concerning us to guard us in all our ways.
Think about that for a moment.
We don't always know what is ahead. We don't know what tomorrow will bring. Sometimes we step into a new season excited about what is coming, and other times we step into one wondering how we're ever going to get through it.
But God already knows what's ahead.
There have been times in my life when I have looked back and realized that God was protecting me in ways I didn't even recognize at the time. There were things I didn't see coming, situations I didn't understand, and moments when I wondered why God was allowing certain things to happen. Yet looking back, I can see His hand was there all along.
Sometimes I think we have a tendency to look for God's protection only in the things we can see. We recognize it when something bad almost happened and somehow didn't. We recognize it when a door closes that we really wanted opened, only to discover later that God was protecting us from something we couldn't see. We recognize it when we look back on a difficult season and realize that somehow, through all of it, God carried us.
But what about the things we never knew about?
What if there were dangers we never saw? What if there were situations God kept us from that we will never know happened? What if there were times His protection surrounded us and we were completely unaware of it?
We may never have the answers to those questions. And that's okay. We don't have to see everything God is doing in order to trust Him.
Faith means trusting the One who sees what we cannot see.
That doesn't mean we will never face difficult things. It doesn't mean that nothing painful will ever happen to us. Scripture doesn't promise us a life without trouble.
What it does remind us is that we don't walk through those things alone.
God is with us in the good seasons, and He is with us in the hard ones. He is with us when we understand what He's doing, and He is with us when we don't have a clue what He's doing.
And there is something incredibly comforting about knowing that He commands His angels concerning us—to guard us in all our ways.
We may not always see the protection God provides. We may never know the dangers He kept us from or the things He prevented from happening. But just because we don't see it doesn't mean God isn't working.
Sometimes faith is simply trusting that God is watching over us even when we can't see what He's doing.
So wherever life takes you, don't be afraid of the road ahead.
You may not know what tomorrow holds, but God does.
And wherever you go, He goes with you.
That is such a comforting thought.

No comments:
Post a Comment