Family Pic 2026

Family Pic 2026
Tucker, Scot, Lisa, Tim & Stella

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Everything I Need Is Found in Him


Everything I Need Is Found in Him

“His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness.”

~ 2 Peter 1:3

I love this verse because it reminds me that God has not left us to figure out how to live this life on our own. He has given us everything we need for a godly life.

The Bible is our instruction manual. It teaches us who God is, who we are in Him, how we're called to live, and how our lives can point others toward Him. But even more than that, 2 Peter reminds us that everything we need flows from knowing Him.

And that means so much to me.

I spend a good portion of my time blogging and writing because it's something I genuinely love to do. I believe God has given me a talent for writing, and I want to use that talent for Him.

Will I ever write a #1 bestselling book? Who knows. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't.

But honestly, that's not what matters most to me.

What I want to be known for is pointing to God with my life.

When people look at me, I want them to be able to say, “She really loves God.”

I want His love to pour out of my heart and my life like a drink offering—something freely given for others to partake of. I want my words, my writing, my actions, and even the way I walk through difficult seasons to point people back to Him.

More than anything, I don't want people to spend eternity separated from God. I want people to know Him, love Him, draw near to Him, and hold tightly to His Word.

My life, especially since my twenties, has been incredibly blessed. Not because everything has always been easy—it certainly hasn't—but because I've had the privilege of spending these years pursuing a deeper relationship with the God who has loved me, guided me, carried me, and protected me through so many seasons of life.

There have been incredible highs and some very deep lows.

There have been seasons when I've felt strong and seasons when I've felt like I had nothing left to give.

But through all of it, God has been there.

He has been the light at the end of the tunnel.

He has been my refuge when I needed somewhere to run.

He has been my strength when I didn't have any of my own.

He has been my hope when circumstances gave me every reason to lose it.

He is my source of life.

I know with everything in me that I wouldn't be the woman I am today or be living the life I'm living today if it weren't for Him.

He is my everything.

And the longer I walk with Him, the deeper my love for Him becomes. Because the more I know Him, the more I understand just how completely He loves me.

His love isn't dependent upon my perfection. It isn't dependent upon whether I get everything right. His love doesn't disappear when I stumble or fall short.

His love is unconditional. His love has no end.

And I don't just want to know that as a theological truth.

I want to know it in the depths of my being.

I want my life to be a living testimony of what happens when you surrender your life to God and continue walking with Him through every season.

Because He really has given us everything we need for a godly life.

And ultimately, everything we need is found in Him.

At the end of the day, knowing that feels pretty incredible.

No comments: