There are some Bible verses that you read, and then there are some that seem to meet you exactly where you are.
Hebrews 13:8 is one of those verses for me.
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
There is something deeply comforting about those words, especially when you’ve lived long enough to realize just how much life can change.
I’ve experienced seasons I never expected. I’ve watched people I love grow older. I’ve said goodbye to people I never thought I’d have to live without. I’ve watched my family go through different seasons and watched my own life change in ways I never could have planned.
Some changes have been wonderful. Others have been painful.
And if I’m being completely honest, there have been times when the changes around me have left me feeling uncertain, overwhelmed, and even a little afraid of what might come next.
But through every season, there has been one constant:
Jesus.
He hasn't changed.
When I look back at the girl I was years ago, I can see how much I’ve changed. My life is different. My circumstances are different. My priorities are different. Even the way I understand certain things about God has grown and deepened.
But Jesus?
He is still the same Jesus who met me where I was.
The same Jesus who loved me when I didn't have everything figured out.
The same Jesus who was patient with me when I struggled to trust Him.
The same Jesus who carried me through moments when I didn't know how I was going to make it through.
And the same Jesus who has been faithful in the past is the Jesus I can trust with my future.
That means a lot to me.
Because sometimes I don't know what tomorrow is going to look like.
I don't know what changes are coming. I don't know what doors will open or close. I don't know what challenges my family or I may face. I don't know what God is going to ask me to walk through next.
But I do know who will be walking through it with me.
And that changes everything.
I can look back and see God's faithfulness.
I can look at today and know that He is still with me.
And I can look toward tomorrow knowing that He will still be there.
Yesterday. Today. Forever.
His love doesn't change.
His character doesn't change.
His promises don't change.
His faithfulness doesn't change.
His presence doesn't change.
I may have days when my faith feels stronger than others. I may have moments when I don't understand what God is doing. I may have times when I struggle with fear or uncertainty.
But my feelings don't change who He is.
Jesus is still Jesus.
And maybe that's what I need to remind myself of more often.
I don't have to have tomorrow figured out.
I don't have to know how every situation is going to work out.
I just need to remember who holds tomorrow.
Because the One who has been faithful through every yesterday is the One who is faithful today—and He will still be faithful forever.
Everything around me may change, but Jesus never will.
And for me, that's where the peace is.

No comments:
Post a Comment