Family Pic 2026

Family Pic 2026
Tucker, Scot, Lisa, Tim & Stella

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

I Know Because I’ve Lived It

                 

I Know Because I’ve Lived It

I love this verse.

It makes me feel seen, loved, and protected.

I know that God sees me. Nothing escapes His sight.

I know that God hears me. He listens to every prayer I pray—the long, heartfelt prayers and the short ones I whisper throughout the day.

I know that God protects me. He is my refuge and my strength.

And I don't just know these things because I've read them in Scripture. I really know them because I've lived them. I've experienced them. I've felt them to the depths of my soul.

God has protected me from so many things that could have taken my life, but I'm still here.

He has carried me through things I didn't think I would survive. He has brought me through valleys I never wanted to walk through and given me a peace that truly does pass all understanding. That peace has become more than a feeling for me. It has taken up residence deep within my soul.

I don't have to wonder if God is listening when I pray.

Whether I'm spending quiet time in deep prayer with Him or simply talking to Him throughout my day, I know He is there. I may not always feel His presence in the same way, but I have learned that His presence doesn't depend on my feelings.

I didn't begin experiencing this depth of relationship with God until I was in my twenties. Those years were incredibly significant in my walk with Him. God healed so much in me during that season, and He also gave me a deeper knowledge of who He is through some incredible teachers at Bible college.

I grew tremendously in those years, and that growth has continued throughout my life.

Have I had seasons when I've fallen off in my walk with God?

Of course I have.

I've had times when I've been distracted, discouraged, spiritually dry, or simply not as intentional about pursuing Him as I should have been. I've had my hill-and-valley moments just like everyone else.

But one thing I've learned is that God has always been faithful to draw me back.

Even when I have wandered, He hasn't.

Even when I haven't felt close to Him, He hasn't moved.

Even in the valley, He has been there.

That's one of the beautiful things about our relationship with God. We will have hills and valleys throughout this life, but His presence remains constant through all of them.

That's why Psalm 91:11 means so much to me.

It reminds me that I am not walking through this life alone. God is watching over me. He cares about me. He knows what I face, and He is able to protect and keep me in ways I may never even realize.

I don't believe this means that nothing difficult will ever happen to us. Life still brings pain, disappointment, loss, trials, and things we don't understand.

But I do believe that God is with us through every one of them.

He is our refuge.

He is our strength.

He is our protector.

And He is faithful.

At the same time, we have a responsibility to keep turning our eyes and hearts toward Him. We need to stay in His Word, talk to Him, listen for His direction, and remain willing to follow where He leads.

Not because God can't work without us, but because I want my heart to be in a place where I recognize His work in my life and willingly participate in what He is doing.

That matters to me more than anything.

I don't want to simply know about God.

I want to know Him.

I want to recognize His voice.

I want to trust Him when I can't see what He's doing.

I want to rest in Him when life feels uncertain.

And I want to be able to look back over my life and say, “I know He is faithful because I've lived it.”

Psalm 91:11 is a beautiful reminder that I am seen, I am loved, and I am never alone.

And after everything God has brought me through, I can say with all my heart:

I know He is there.

I know He hears me.

I know He loves me.

And I know He is watching over me.

No comments: