Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team - Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team -  Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown
Tim did a 74kg Snatch and a 90kg Clean & Jerk at the 2024 Athletic Lab Spring Open Meet on 4.6.2024. He got Gold and made new Meet PR's too.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Birthday

My birthday always falls around Thanksgiving. Having your birthday around Holiday time can be lots of fun or a real bummer. For me, most of the time it's lots of fun. This year was one of the best because I got to go see TSO in concert and I got a couple of movies on dvd that I've been wanting.

If there is one thing everyone knows about me that is that I am a movie person. I have lots of them. In fact, several of my friends call me "Lisa Buster". Movies are a gift that keeps on giving. When someone gives me a movie as a gift that is huge to me because I can enjoy it over and over again. Of course, that makes it easy to buy for me and hard all at the same time. Easy because movies, for the most part, are cheap and hard because I already have so many that it's hard to know what I don't have.

At any rate, I had a great birthday. I may not always get to celebrate it exactly on my birthday but that's ok. I understand that it's around a holiday so I make concessions. This year it was the TSO concert a few days before my birthday and a couple of dvd's that I've been wanting on my birthday.

Everyone has been asking did I do anything special on my birthday? Not really because I was busy getting my house in order for my family coming over on Thanksgiving. Some people when they hear that think what a bummer but it wasn't. I enjoyed getting everything ready for everyone coming over. I don't have to go all out on my birthday. I know that is how it is with some people but it's not that big of a deal for me. I consider myself very blessed to have gotten the movies I've been wanting and seeing TSO. Those two things were huge for me.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Happy late birthday! Mine is Dec.26 & I can't say that I'm so nice about being willing to share it. I changed mine to March b/c Jesus has always stolen my thunder :)