Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team - Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team -  Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown
Tim did a 74kg Snatch and a 90kg Clean & Jerk at the 2024 Athletic Lab Spring Open Meet on 4.6.2024. He got Gold and made new Meet PR's too.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

This is the first time that I've been able to get on and blog since Thanksgiving day. We had my family over for Thanksgiving. My brother (Calvin) and his wife, my mom, my sister (Regina) and her son (Tristan), my brother (Ernest) and his girlfriend (Amy). We had lots of fun. The food was great!!! My mom cooked and I cleaned with the help of my sister in law. All in all it was a very pleasant Thanksgiving and that's saying something with my family.

Timmy did real good with everyone here. He was being his usual cute and charming self. He pretty much steals the show. We tried giving him a tiny bit of mashed potatoes but he didn't care for them at all.

After everyone was fed and full some of us sat around talking while others sat and watched the latest Indiana Jones movie. Alvin and the Chipmunks was also watched. A good time was had by all.

Scottie got to relax for a change. He needed it because he's been working a lot lately. Thanksgiving day was all he got because he worked a big commercial project yesterday and today. He's actually finishing it up as I write this to you now.

We are looking forward to going to church tonight and spending Sunday resting and having family time. After all the action over the past few days it will be nice to have some time to ourselves.

As I've sat back reflecting about everything I've thought about how blessed we are. We have family and friends to share our lives with, a roof over our heads, heat for when it's cold, a/c for when it's hot, running water, an awesome church family, a handsome baby boy, two dogs that give us lots of laughs (mainly b/c one is a pup and the other an adult), money in the bank, and a deep love that binds us together with bonds that can't be broken.

In a time when so much is going on and so much is changing it's nice to think about all that we have to be thankful for in our lives. Take time to reflect and realize how blessed you are today and everyday.

No comments: