Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team - Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team -  Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown
Tim did a 74kg Snatch and a 90kg Clean & Jerk at the 2024 Athletic Lab Spring Open Meet on 4.6.2024. He got Gold and made new Meet PR's too.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Things that make you go HMMMM

I will start out by saying that this is a story only the members of my family will be able to relate to. Because several of us have lived it before.

Today, I started a 2 day commercial carpet cleaning project. I took every precaution to make sure I had all of the supplies I needed and to make sure all of the equipment was in good working condition because it is a Holiday and supply stores are closed.

The day started out great and we were making good progress. When we took a break for lunch, I noticed that I had used most of the water in my supply tank. I decided to connect to the building water supply. Initially, everything was fine. After several minutes, the pressure pump on the machine stopped. This usually means that the cleaning solution tank is empty or the small water tank on the machine is empty. When I got to the machine, I found the water tank on the machine was empty and a safety switch had shut the pump down.

I knew that the water supply was good, so I thought it must be a stuck check valve in the input line. After taking the water system apart, the check valve seemed to work correctly. I put the system back together and I still have no water getting to the machine. I then decided to take the check valve out of the system entirely. Still no water.

My mighty carpet cleaning machine that has taken on and beaten the toughest Chinese Restaurant carpets, the nastiest rental house carpets and the most disgusting pet contamination you have ever seen is for the moment a boat anchor.

At this time, I started to reflect on some of the methods I have seen used to get things to work. I and several others have witnessed the execution of these methods and they are a sight to behold. I must say that the correct tools must be used to get the desired result.

The first repair method came to mind, so I looked for the correct tool. My carpet repair tools are still on order so I didn't have a 22 oz claw hammer. Darn.

I thought some more and the next repair method hit me. This one was good, I have witnessed great success with this one. I think to myself, this is a carpet cleaning truck, I am sure I have the main tool for this one. I look franticly, I can't find it. I say to myself "What kind of carpet cleaning truck doesn't have a throw rug on it?" At this point, I think to myself that it probably would not have worked anyway because I am not sitting on the shoulder of I75 somewhere in Georgia during rush hour and it isn't raining.

At this point, I decided to take all of the brass connectors and pipes apart. When I got the last two pieces separated, I found the problem. What was it that temporarily defeated my mighty carpet cleaning machine?

An acorn!!!!!

At this point, all I could do was laugh. Acorns and peanuts, small but powerful.

No comments: