Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024
Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Friday, January 12, 2024

This is not our home...

 


After finding out about my friend, Louise's, death yesterday I've been thinking over and over again that this is not our home....heaven is!  It's where I know that she is today having a blast with all her loved ones that she's missed so much in recent years who went on before her.  I know that she was received with open arms by our Lord.  She's walking on streets of gold and filled with so much Awe as she sees for the first time heaven and our Savior.  What awesomeness that she must be experiencing at this moment.  Even though we are sad because she is not here with us we know she is filled with so much joy and happiness where she is now.  Our hard days will only be because we miss her but when it's hard we can smile and look up to heaven knowing that she is up there filled to overflowing with so much love and happiness at the reunion that she is having with loved ones and her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  It is what we get to look forward to, those of us who know Jesus, when it's our turn to go be with Jesus.  We know that the Lord knows every hair on our head, that he knows our beginning and our end.  We are only here for a short time compared to eternity with him.  To wish her back here with us would be pure selfishness on our part.  She was loved.  She touched so many lives through being a hospice nurse.  She lived a life that made a difference.  She was special and there will never be another like her.  May her memory always live on in the hearts and lives of her family, friends and those that she touched through hospice.  What a jewel she was and I just hope and pray that she really truly knew that.  

Today I hold more closely/tightly to my family and friends.  My heart is filled with so much love for them that it overflows.  Some are close and some are far but no matter I love them all the same.  Memories of them all fill my heart and life and I am so thankful for the amazing memories that I have of them all.  God has blessed my life so very much and I never ever want to be unappreciative of the blessings that I have had in my life thanks for God!  All glory, honor, and praise to Him for his wonderful gifts in my life!!!  

I hope you all take a moment or two or three or more and really truly appreciate those in your life that God has blessed you with.  They all matter.  You never know when your last moment with them will be.  Always keep your heart remembering and never forgetting no matter how near or far those you love and care about are.  As long as you do that they are never forgotten and they will always live on in your memories creating a legacy to pass on to others.  God bless you all!  Keep looking to God no matter what!  Love to you all!

No comments: