Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024
Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Bad Things Best Things...


This is so true!  If it weren't for the bad things that we have been through in our lives it wouldn't have put us on the path to our best things.  

I'll start with my life.  Growing up in my parents home was hell, literally.  An alcoholic father with a mother who enable him.  She was scared of him because of his violent temper.  Us kids got to go through all the hell experiences and sometimes it was directed at us but more often than not it was directed at my mom.  I watched as she would cover her face with makeup as if to hide what he had done to her time and again.  It wasn't as if everyone didn't know anyhow because they did.  But it led to my best thing...my life now.  I'm happily married to an awesome man of God who is a great husband and a great father to our son.   Our life together is the total opposite of what I went through as a child.  It wasn't an easy road getting to where my life is today.  I had a lot of help through the years before I met and married my husband that put me on the right path in life.  God brought many amazing people into my life to influence my life in such a deep way that it has always stayed with me and made me into the person I am today.  A woman who knows her worth and who loves her husband and son with her entire being.  What God brings us through to get us to our best lives is nothing short of amazing.  

Our sons life.  At the young age of 15 he has been through so much.  He's had two near death experiences.  He did sparring from the age of 8 to 15 (July 2023 was he last comp).  The amount of mental and physical abuse a fighter goes through in the sport of TaeKwonDo sparring is something else.  Our son loved the sport so much that he just took it and kept doing his best to move forward.  He took it until there was a point that his father and I said no more.  That point was reached when our son reached an impasse with his last coach.  Things happened.  The coach inserted control basically ending our sons fighting career and his love of TaeKwonDo altogether.  But it led to his best thing...Weightlifting.  Tim started weightlifting training in August 2023.  He has progressed more rapidly than his coach had expected he would.  His weightlifting coach is amazing.  I can't say enough good things about him.  He's doing what a coach should do and that is doing what is best for his athlete.  Instead of breaking him down he's building him up.  Instead of anger and frustration our son is full of happiness and joy now.  He's smiling more than he ever has.  He really loves weightlifting.  Everything he's been through has prepared him for doing what he's doing now.  It just makes his dad and my heart overflow with happiness to see him so incredibly happy.  This is a move that probably should have happened a long time ago but it took what happened to happen in order for us to move on to what Tim is doing now.  

I can't speak for my husband on this subject except to share what I know.  He was laid off from his job before we met and married.  I know that it was a bad thing that happened to him but it was also one of the best things to happen to him.  It led him to building the business we have now that has been going strong for over 20 years and it pays way more than he would have ever made at his old job.  I've watched as we have went from having portable units in our business to having truck mounted units (way better) in our business.  We went from a minivan to run the business to a large Sprinter Van (until it died on us) to a truck and trailer.  God has always provided just what we needed to run our business.  Our repeat customers are our bread and butter.  I believe if Scot were to share for himself that he would share exactly what I've shared with you here.  That was his bad that led to his best outside of our marriage of course.  We are partners in life and business.  We love our life together and even with the ups and downs of everything we wouldn't have it any other way.  God is so good!

All Glory and Honor to God for all that he has done in our lives and is continuing to do in our lives because I know there is more best things to come.

No comments: