Family Pic 2026

Family Pic 2026
Tucker, Scot, Lisa, Tim & Stella

Thursday, August 6, 2026

Renewing Your Strength and Soaring

(taken from the Bible App)

Renewing Your Strength and Soaring


There are so many Bible verses that stop me in my tracks and make me think. Isaiah 40:31 is one of those verses, and it's one of my favorites. Let me tell you why...

If you back up to verse 29, it says:
        "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the                                   weak." (NIV)

So many times in my life I've been weary and felt like I couldn't go on any longer. I've felt defeated, exhausted, and beaten. But God...

God brought these verses to my attention so often that before long I had them memorized. He showed me that whether I was walking through hard seasons or easier ones, He was always with me. He was there to give me the strength I needed, exactly when I needed it.

What has always encouraged me is that He didn't just give me strength once—He renewed it. I didn't have to rely on yesterday's strength to get through today's struggles because my strength was renewed as I continued to hold on to Him.

He helped me soar on wings like eagles by lifting me above the challenges I faced. He helped me run my race of faith without growing weary. He gave me the strength to walk without fainting, no matter what came my way. I'm living by faith today because of everything He has brought me through and because of the strength He gave me to endure every step of the journey. He is faithful. He is so good. And I am incredibly thankful.

Back in verse 26, Isaiah gives us a beautiful picture of God's power. We're told to lift up our eyes to the heavens and look at the stars. The One who created every one of them brings them out one by one and calls each of them by name. Because of His great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

Think about that for a moment. If God knows every star by name and faithfully keeps each one exactly where it belongs, how much more does He know and care for us? The same God who holds the universe together is the God who holds us together. The same mighty strength that keeps every star in place is the strength He offers to us when we are weary.

That's what makes verses 28 through 31 so comforting to me. The God who never grows tired, whose power is beyond anything I can comprehend, is the very One who renews my strength when mine is gone.

Back in verse 28, Scripture reminds us that the Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He never grows tired or weary. Knowing that has made all the difference in my life. Because He never grows weary, I could hold on to Him through every season. I knew He had the strength I lacked and that He would provide it right when I needed it.

His timing has always been perfect—even when it wasn't the timing I wanted. Looking back, I can see that He was never late. He always came through exactly when it mattered most, and that has taught me to trust Him more and more.

I love picturing verse 31 whenever I read it. There's such peace in knowing, deep in your soul, that God's promises are true. After so many years of walking with Him, I've seen His faithfulness over and over again. Every time I've stumbled, every time I've missed the mark, He has picked me up, strengthened me, and helped me keep going.

If you're in a season where you're tired, discouraged, or wondering if you can take another step, hold on to Him. The same God who has faithfully renewed my strength will renew yours. He is still in the business of lifting weary hearts, strengthening weak hands, and helping His children soar.

May you find your strength not in yourself, but in the One who never grows weary. As you wait on Him, trust that He is already at work, renewing your strength and preparing you to soar.

No comments: