Family Pic 2026

Family Pic 2026
Tucker, Scot, Lisa, Tim & Stella

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Focus on the 5 G’s

Focus on the 5 G’s

Life can become overwhelming when we try to focus on everything at once.

The opinions of other people.

The things we can't control.

The problems in front of us.

The things we wish we had.

The places we think we should already be.

Sometimes, the best thing we can do is simplify our focus.

For me, that focus can be summed up in 5 G's.

1. GOD

Everything begins with God.

Before the goals, the growth, the accomplishments, or the plans, there is our relationship with the One who gave us life in the first place.

When we keep God at the center, everything else has a better chance of falling into its proper place.

That doesn't mean life will always be easy. It doesn't mean we won't face hard seasons, disappointments, or unanswered questions.

But it does mean we don't have to walk through any of it alone.

Seek God first. Trust Him. Follow His direction. Let Him lead.

When God is your foundation, you don't have to build your life on the opinions of others.

2. GYM

The gym represents more than just working out.

It represents discipline.

Consistency.

Showing up even when you don't feel like it.

Doing the work when no one is watching.

The gym teaches lessons that reach far beyond physical strength.

You learn that progress takes time.

You learn that you won't always hit a personal record.

You learn that some days, simply showing up is the victory.

And you learn that strength is built one day, one workout, one repetition, and one decision at a time.

Whether your "gym" is an actual gym, a business, a classroom, or simply the challenges of everyday life, the principle is the same:

Show up, Do the work, Keep going. 

3. GOALS

Goals give us direction.

Without direction, it is easy to spend our time moving but never really going anywhere.

Your goals don't have to look like someone else's.

They don't have to impress anyone else.

They simply need to matter to you.

Maybe your goal is to become healthier.

Maybe it's to grow your business.

Maybe it's to strengthen your marriage.

Maybe it's to deepen your relationship with God.

Maybe it's to finally do something you've been afraid to do.

Whatever your goals are, write them down. Work toward them. Give yourself permission to dream.

And remember that reaching a goal is not always about how quickly you get there.

Sometimes the most important part is who you become along the way.

4. GROWTH

Growth is rarely comfortable.

In fact, some of the greatest growth in our lives happens during the seasons we would have never chosen for ourselves.

Growth means being willing to learn.

To change.

To admit when we are wrong.

To leave behind the things that no longer serve the person God is calling us to become.

You cannot grow while constantly remaining comfortable.

Sometimes growth looks like becoming stronger.

Sometimes it looks like becoming wiser.

Sometimes it looks like setting boundaries.

Sometimes it looks like forgiving.

Sometimes it looks like trusting God through something you don't understand.

And sometimes growth looks like realizing that you are no longer the person you used to be.

Don't be afraid of growth — embrace it.

The version of you that exists today does not have to be the final version of you.

5. GRATITUDE

Gratitude changes the way we see our lives.

It doesn't mean we pretend everything is perfect.

It doesn't mean we ignore the hard things.

It means we choose to recognize the blessings that still exist in the middle of the hard things.

Be grateful for the people who love you.

Be grateful for the lessons you've learned.

Be grateful for the doors God opened.

Be grateful for the doors He closed.

Be grateful for the strength to keep going.

Be grateful for the life you have today while still working toward the life you hope to have tomorrow.

Because sometimes we become so focused on what we are still waiting for that we forget to appreciate how far we've already come.

FOCUS ON THE 5 G'S

GOD — Keep Him first.

GYM — Show up and do the work.

GOALS — Know where you're going.

GROWTH — Keep becoming better.

GRATITUDE — Appreciate what you already have.

Life will always try to pull your attention in a thousand different directions.

People will have opinions.

Problems will come.

Plans will change.

There will be setbacks, disappointments, and unexpected detours.

But when you focus on the right things, you don't have to be distracted by everything.

For me, the most important of these will always be God.

Because when my relationship with Him is where it needs to be, it changes how I approach everything else.

It changes how I work.

How I pursue goals.

How I handle challenges.

How I grow.

And how I recognize the blessings in my life.

So if life feels overwhelming, maybe it's time to simplify your focus.

Focus on the 5 G's.

God. Gym. Goals. Growth. Gratitude.

And keep moving forward—one day, one decision, and one step at a time. 

And when I look at my own life, I can see these 5 G's in ways that are deeply personal to me.

God has been the foundation of everything.

My husband and I have walked through difficult seasons we never would have chosen for ourselves. We have faced things that tested us, stretched us, and at times left us wondering what God was doing. But through every season, God has been faithful.

He has carried us through the valleys.

He has given us strength when we didn't have any left.

He has brought us through things that could have broken us.

And He has used even the hardest seasons to grow our faith and shape us into who He was calling us to be.

Looking back, I can see His hand in places where, at the time, all I could see was the struggle.

The gym has become a meaningful part of our family's life through Tim's weightlifting journey. We have watched him show up, work hard, miss lifts, make lifts, face disappointment, celebrate victories, and continue to pursue his goals. We have seen firsthand that progress doesn't happen overnight. It takes discipline, consistency, patience, and the willingness to keep going when things don't go the way you hoped.

The same is true in life.

Goals have given us something to work toward, whether in our family, our business, our faith, or Tim's weightlifting journey. But along the way, we have learned that sometimes the journey toward the goal is where the greatest growth happens.

Growth has come through every season—the good, the difficult, the unexpected, and the beautiful. We have grown through challenges, loss, disappointment, hard decisions, and seasons that stretched our faith. But we have also grown through answered prayers, blessings, accomplishments, and the beautiful life God has allowed us to live.

And that brings me to gratitude.

I am grateful for my husband and the life we have built together.

I am grateful for our son and the young man he has become.

I am grateful for the difficult seasons God has brought us through, because even though I would never choose to walk through them again, I can see how He used them.

I am grateful for the lessons.

The strength.

The growth.

The prayers answered.

The doors opened.

The doors closed.

And the countless ways God has been faithful, even when I didn't understand what He was doing.

When I look at our life today, I know it isn't because everything has always been easy. It isn't because we have never struggled. It isn't because we have had all the answers.

It is because God has been faithful.

He has been faithful through every high and every low. Through every difficult season and every season of blessing. Through the times we were waiting, the times we were working, the times we were hurting, and the times we were celebrating.

And when I look at my life today—with my husband beside me, our son continuing to pursue his goals, and the life God has given us—I am reminded that sometimes the greatest blessings are found on the other side of the seasons you never thought you would survive.

So, if life feels overwhelming, maybe it's time to simplify your focus.

Focus on the 5 G's.

God. Gym. Goals. Growth. Gratitude.

Keep God first.

Keep showing up.

Keep working toward what matters.

Keep growing through every season.

And never become so focused on what you are still waiting for that you forget to be grateful for how far God has already brought you.

Because when I look back at our life, I can honestly say this:

God has brought us through more than we ever thought we would face, blessed us in ways we never expected, and given us a life that reminds us every day just how faithful He truly is.

No comments: