Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

USA Weightlifting Youth Nationals 2024

USA Weightlifting Youth Nationals 2024
Tim got 4th Place at USA Weightlifting Youth Nationals 2024 with Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club.

Sunday, August 11, 2024

My Guys...

Outside of my relationship with God my guys are my world.  They are everything to me.  

Ya know, life has so many twists and turns in it.  I was raised in such a poor family.  My folks hardly ever had two pennies to rub together when we were growing up.  Our clothes were from the great designer Good Will or Hand Me Downs.  Most of our food was government food.  It takes being picked on to a whole new level when you're on free lunch in school too.  But that was my childhood.

My young adult life was so confused and messed up.  I held no hope that I would have a good future at all.  I worked more than one job to pay the bills.  I tried the best I could to live a life pleasing to God but failed miserably more often than not.  At one point I didn't even want to live anymore.   

My life took a turn for the better though when I really took my relationship with God more seriously and made him a priority in my life.  It wasn't too many years after I did that that I met my husband Scot.  We both have such a love for God and even though we have failed miserably at times in our relationship with God we have never wavered in our love for him.  Once you've really experienced God for yourself no amount of making sinful decisions will be able to rip that love from your heart.  A real experience overrides anything else!  It always has and it always will!  

Then came along our son to bless our lives.  He truly has been such a blessing.  He is so smart and so loved and he's never had to suffer the way I did growing up.  He and his dad have a great relationship and that blesses my heart so very much.  Even though Scot and I have been the farthest thing from perfect godly parents we have done our best to pour into our son a love for God and right living so that he can make better decisions with his life than we did with ours when we were young.  Tim is already making better decisions and not living like I did at his age.  He's not made even close to the same mistakes that I did so he's already ahead in that regard.

To say my guys are my world is an understatement.  So many bumps, curves and twist have happened in my life but God gave me the greatest blessings in my life by giving me Scot and Tim.  I can't imagine what my life would have been like without them.  It's getting harder to remember what it was like before them.  Everyday is an adventure/journey but we do it together and that's all that matters.  My life is full and overflowing because of all that God has done in my life.  I know I don't always do or say things the way God would because I'm only human and I make mistakes but one thing is for certain I will always love him and my guys with a love so deep that it reaches to the moon and beyond.  That will never ever change!  

No comments: