Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

USA Weightlifting Youth Nationals 2024

USA Weightlifting Youth Nationals 2024
Tim got 4th Place at USA Weightlifting Youth Nationals 2024 with Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club.

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

2 Reasons I Don't Usually Fit In...


This is not only true of Tim but also of myself and his dad too.  He may look like his dad but he's a mixture and me and his dad in his personality.  

Tim has drive.  He doesn't know the meaning of the word quit.  He keeps moving forward no matter what.  He doesn't care what others think and he's a very strong minded individual just like his dad and me.  

Most teens don't understand Tim.  They didn't understand me either.  Tim gets along more with adults than peers his age.  I had to grow up fast being the oldest of 7 kids.  I was like a second mom to my brothers and sisters.  I knew how to cook and clean at a very young age and had to help my mom a ton growing up.  Tim is an only child and at a young age was articulating well above his years in conversations with others because being an only child most of the conversations he had were with his dad and I.  We never did baby or little child talk to him because we wanted him to be a well spoken kid as he grew up and he is every bit of that today.  He finds his peers act so childish and his peers probably feel that he doesn't act his age.  He doesn't care though.  Tim is Tim and that's all there is to say about that just like I am who I am as well.  Tim doesn't change to please anyone other than God and neither do I or his dad.  

There'd be no denying Tim was ours even if we wanted to which we don't.  He is Scot and I through and through.  Watching his mind think in how he talks now makes his dad and I so happy.  He's got such a great head on his shoulders and we hope that he will always be this way.  

God has amazing plans for Tim.  Tim will never be a follower of the crowd.  He will always think for himself and not give two hoots about what anyone else thinks about him.  He is so like me and his dad in that regard.  

Here's to continuing to not fit in and being your own person Tim.  Keep doing you.  And Keep following God.  

No comments: