Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024
Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well today I’m 51. Today I’ve thought about this year and all that’s happened. At 51 I can say with certainty I’ve never seen anything like all we’ve been dealing with in this pandemic and politically in my lifetime. All the hate and division has reached a high as never seen before in my lifetime. A way of having to do life that has never been done before. All of the judging and chastising of people groups that I’ve never seen before. The name calling. The blatant wool that’s being pulled over so many Americans eyes about the realities of the times we are living in. All I can think about is what we are leaving for our children and our children’s children in the future because of all that’s taken place in our Nation with the pandemic and politics. Our kids hear what we say but they also see what we adults do as well and what we do has a far larger voice in their lives.  It’s as if no one cares about the example that is being set for the generation coming behind us. As a Christ follower I think about the things we face as if what’s going on was being placed before God himself. Would we make the decisions we are making if we based every decision we made on what God’s Word clearly teaches?  Would our actions be different if we were doing them in front of God himself in the flesh?  If so, then why do we do what we do and make decisions that go clearly against what God would have for us to do? I’ve thought a lot about all of this against what I’ve been seeing in this nation and with this pandemic and as it pertains to my turning 51 this year. It’s heart wrenching to watch or hear about it all. Recently as we drove around downtown and to see what our downtown area looks like because of rioting it brought tears to my eyes.  The future for our nation depends on the things we do now. It depends on our putting God at the center of our lives and having Him as the head of our lives, decisions, and actions. Having Him have the final authority where all matters in our lives are concerned. This has weighed heavy on me for quite some time now. I’ve spent more time reading, studying, and praying than I’ve done in the past. I’m not perfect and don’t claim to be but when I go to be with Jesus it’s my hearts desire that I hear “Well done good and faithful servant!”  I pray for those I love who also love the Lord that they hear the same thing as well!  The judgement seat of Christ is real. We will have to answer for what did and said as well as what we didn’t do and say some day. I implore you all that read my blog to seek God. Really seek God. If I’ve gotten anything out of this year it’s been to seek God more than ever before because we so need His presence now more than ever before in the history of our nation and lives!!!  God Bless you all!  Let’s not remain on the fence but be a voice of God to our nation. A voice that makes changes that honor and give glory to our Father who is in heaven!  Hallowed be His Name!  His Kingdom Come!  His Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven!!!  In Jesus Mighty Name, Amen!!!

No comments: