It immediately made me stop and think about where my faith is placed.
The illustration says that our faith should be in three main areas:
The blood of Jesus.
The name of Jesus.
The Word of God.
The more I thought about those three things, the more I realized how beautifully they work together.
Faith in the blood of Jesus reminds me of what Jesus did for me.
Romans 3:23-25 tells us that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, but that we are justified through Christ Jesus and His sacrifice.
There is nothing I could ever do to earn salvation. I cannot be good enough, work hard enough, or make myself worthy enough. My hope is in what Jesus did for me on the cross.
His blood paid a price I could never pay.
Faith in the name of Jesus reminds me of who I am trusting.
Acts 3:16 tells us that it is faith in the name of Jesus that brings healing and restoration. There is power in His name—not because the name itself is simply a word, but because of who Jesus is.
When I pray, I want my faith to be in Jesus.
When I am afraid, I want my faith to be in Jesus.
When I don't understand what God is doing, I want my faith to remain in Jesus.
And then there is faith in the Word of God.
Romans 10:17 tells us, “Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.”
God's Word gives us something solid to stand on when everything around us feels uncertain.
Our feelings change.
Circumstances change.
People change.
Life changes.
But God's Word does not change.
There have been many seasons in my life when I didn't understand what God was doing. I couldn't see what was ahead, and sometimes I didn't even know what I was supposed to do next.
But those are the moments when I have learned that faith isn't about having all the answers.
Faith is trusting the One who does.
When I look at these three areas, I see a beautiful picture:
The blood of Jesus reminds me of what He has done.
The name of Jesus reminds me of who He is.
The Word of God reminds me of what He has said.
And those are three things I never want to forget.
My faith isn't in my circumstances.
My faith isn't in my own strength.
My faith isn't in what I can see.
My faith is in Jesus—His blood, His name, and His Word.
And when I find myself struggling to trust, perhaps the question I need to ask isn't, “Do I have enough faith?”
Maybe the better question is:
“Where have I placed my faith?”
Because when our faith is placed in the right One, we can face whatever comes knowing that God is faithful. Always. ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment