Family Pic 2026

Family Pic 2026
Tucker, Scot, Lisa, Tim & Stella

Monday, October 5, 2026

The Treasures That Fill Our Home


The Treasures That Fill Our Home

When I read these verses, I don't think about a physical house. I think about a home.

Wisdom and knowledge build a strong house. What I take that to mean is that through wisdom, understanding, and knowledge, everyone in a home has a part in making that home stronger. Everyone has a special place to fill.

A house can be beautiful. It can be filled with beautiful furniture, decorations, pictures, and things that we have collected over the years. But none of those things are what truly make a house a home.

The greatest treasures in our home are the people who fill it.

In our home, the rare and beautiful treasures that fill our rooms are our loved ones. Each person is unique and holds value that only they can hold. Each person is rare and beautiful—and I'm not talking about outward beauty.

I'm talking about the beauty that comes from within.

The kindness.
The love.
The laughter.
The wisdom.
The strength.
The compassion.
The faith.
The memories.
The experiences that have shaped each of us into who we are.

These are the things that fill a home with treasures that money could never buy.

Every person brings something different into a family. We each have different personalities, different gifts, different strengths, and even different weaknesses. And yet, God can use all of those differences to build something beautiful.

I think about our own home and how grateful I am for the people God has placed within it. The people I love are not simply occupants of our house. They are the reason it is home.

They are the treasures in the rooms.

And just as Proverbs says, a strong house doesn't happen by accident. It is built. It is established. It takes wisdom, understanding, patience, forgiveness, grace, communication, and most importantly, God.

Because homes aren't perfect.

Families aren't perfect.

People aren't perfect.

But a home built on God doesn't have to be perfect to be strong.

There will be difficult seasons. There will be disagreements. There will be misunderstandings and moments when we don't get it right. But when we allow God to be the foundation of our home, He teaches us how to love each other through those things.

He teaches us to listen when we'd rather speak, to extend grace when we'd rather hold onto hurt, to forgive when it isn't easy, and to value the person in front of us more than whatever disagreement we may be facing.

And perhaps that is part of what makes the treasures in our rooms so rare and beautiful.

They aren't valuable because they are perfect.

They are valuable because they are ours—and because God entrusted them to us.

When I look around our home, I don't want to see only what we've accumulated. I want to see what God has built.

I want the walls of our home to hold memories of laughter, conversations, celebrations, tears, prayers, hard seasons, answered prayers, and ordinary days that we didn't realize were actually some of the most precious days of our lives.

I want our home to be a place where the people inside it know they are loved, valued, safe, and accepted.

Because one day, the furniture will be old. The decorations will change. Things will break, be replaced, or eventually be gone.

But the people God has given us?

They are the treasures.

And if I have learned anything, it is that the most beautiful things in life aren't things at all.

They are people.

They are relationships.

They are memories.

They are the love we give and receive.

They are the people who walk beside us through every season.

And when God is the One building the house, He doesn't just fill its rooms with possessions.

He fills them with rare and beautiful treasures.

I pray that our home will always be a place where those treasures are recognized, cherished, protected, and loved.

Because to me, that is what makes a house a home.

No comments: