Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team - Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team -  Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown
Tim did a 74kg Snatch and a 90kg Clean & Jerk at the 2024 Athletic Lab Spring Open Meet on 4.6.2024. He got Gold and made new Meet PR's too.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

In This Life



So many people will tell you that we aren’t promised tomorrow. So why waste our time on things that don’t really matter. Life carries so many things with it. Hurt, pain, joy, happiness, sadness, fulfillment etc…. We have so much to live for but the most important thing to live for in this life is God! I am so very thankful for my relationship with God. I’m thankful that Jesus lived. That he died. And that he rose again so that I could have eternal life with him. To instill that into the lives of those we know and love should be our ultimate goal while on this earth. Letting those we know and love know how important a relationship with God really is is the only thing that is really important. We have so many goals. To have a good marriage. To raise children who love others, respect others, and love God. We want a place to call our own. A good job. To live in content without having to be concerned about financial issues. That would be an ideal world but we don’t live in a world that is ideal. We live in a world that is on a collision course. One day we are all gonna leave this world. We are gonna live in eternity in either heaven or hell. That is ultimately what we need to be concerned with in the here and now. Where are you gonna live? Me, I’m gonna live with Jesus in heaven and for him on this earth. My life, strength, hope, is in the Lord! I hope yours is. Jesus is Lord and He is Alive! He loves us and wants what is best for us!



There’s nothing like having a health scare (like I had a couple of weeks ago) to get you to put the things that are really important into perspective. So often we don’t think about what can or could happen. We don’t think about how short our time truly is on this earth. Our time truly is short and we don’t need to waste our time. Right now my mission field has been my family. Have I been the best witness to my family that I should be for God? No. Do I want to be? Yes. Am I gonna make changes in my life that will reflect that? Yes. Why? Because it’s what is done for the Lord that lasts. Nothing else matters.



I want my son to grow up to be an awesome man of God like his Dad. I want to be the best wife that I can be to my husband. I want to be the best daughter, sister, and Aunt that I can be for my family. I want to be the best friend I can be to my friends. I want them all to see that a life lived for Christ is the best life ever! I hope you want the same for your family and friends too. Otherwise where is the purpose in life? Making a difference for the Kingdom. That's my goal! I love you Lord Jesus and I thank you for every moment that I have on this earth to serve you and to show your love to others!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Praise GOD! Two things last for eternity, people and the Word of God. Invest yourself in those two things! You go girl!!