Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team - Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team -  Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown
Tim did a 74kg Snatch and a 90kg Clean & Jerk at the 2024 Athletic Lab Spring Open Meet on 4.6.2024. He got Gold and made new Meet PR's too.

Monday, March 18, 2024

God's Handiwork...

 


This is one of my favorite verses that I read while I was scrolling on social media recently.  It's a good reminder that we are not our own but that we were bought with a price and that we were created in Christ Jesus to do good works that God prepared in advance for us to do.  We aren't here to just float through life doing whatever we want or going where the wind takes us.  I, myself, was put on this earth to nurture and guide my son to live a life of purpose on purpose and not to be a follower of the crowd.  My husband and I know that we are to support and guide him in every way that we can so that he grows up to be a strong God fearing man!  Tim is our why and our purpose, for now anyhow.  We don't know what our why and purpose will be once he's grown but we know that God will guide us just where He wants us to be doing what He wants us doing.  Until then though, we keep doing what we have been doing and that is being the best we can be for each other and our son so that he grows up knowing his why and purpose as he's grows into a man leading his own life.  We do know that his why and purpose will include doing good works that God prepared in advance for him to do.  Scot and I know what that is about because we have served in a church, we've been elders in a church and I personally, have been a camp counselor and helped and guided every young person that I could by pointing them to Jesus.  In this crazy world we live in we just need to be a light.  A light in the darkness to help and lead where we can as much as can.  Doing good works for God as we endeavor to be a light for Him!  It's something that I desire for our son and for us to remember and keep before us at all times.  Life isn't worth living if God's not in it!!!

No comments: