Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024
Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Happy Father's Day....

My dad past on many years ago.  Although he wasn't the father he should have been to his children I still loved him away.  May he rest in peace.

God knows what we need during those formative years growing up though and what my dad couldn't be for me while I was growing up I had in a fantastic father figure who loved me as if I were one of his own children.  He wasn't just a father figure but my pastor and the man who led me to Christ at the young age of 12 years old.  I have always referred to him as Dad.  I was a life that was blessed by God when He brought John Gordon into my life.  He and his wife, Anne (aka Mom), will always be my 2nd parents.  My godly parents.  The ones who always pointed me to Christ every step of the way when I was growing up.  I still stay in touch with them to this day.

Then there's my amazing husband who is the best father ever!  I love the relationship that he and our son, T, have.  It's something I wanted so desperately growing up from my own father but never had.  It blesses my heart so much to watch them together.  He guides and leads him so wonderfully.  My heart overflows because I get to watch their relationship grow and get better every year.  

Scot is the father he is because of his Dad!  My father-in-law, Franklin Neal (aka Popsie), is amazing.  He loves his family immensely.  He loves the Lord the same.  He is a wealth of knowledge that I could never unravel here as I write this post.  He is the best Popsie ever to his grandchildren and great grandchildren.

To say that my life has been blessed immensely is an understatement.  What I was missing in my childhood God has given back to me in John Gordon, who showed me how a father should be to his children leading by example.  In Franklin Neal, who is so loving and puts his family above everything except God in his life.  And lastly in my husband who is an amazing dad to our son but also an amazing husband to me.  I'm thankful to God everyday for the blessings in my life!  

Happy Father's Day!

My Dad!

  
John Gordon, my mentor Dad!

My amazing Husband!

My father-in-law, Popsie!


No comments: