Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024
Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Homeschooling

T is enjoying doing homeschool online so much better than doing it from workbooks. It’s challenging for him doing all the quizzes that go along with this new curriculum that we are using but he will get the hang of it and do much better as he adjusts more and more to doing it all online. 

The beauty in how we are doing school is I can plug in non-school days and the curriculum automatically makes the adjustments needed for spreading out the work load for those off days.  It’s makes being able to do trips more doable without being concerned about his schoolwork. 

Scot and I have both been able to be more involved with helping him with his schoolwork this year. I think T is really enjoying both of our involvement this year. He’s getting undivided attention from both of his parents. 

The curriculum likes to throw in a bunch of extra work and I may make adjustments where that’s concerned. As long as it’s not being too repetitive, and I know that T already has a good understanding of what he’s doing, I probably won’t make him do a ton of extra work. There won’t be a need for it if he has a good handle on it. 

So glad we made this switch and I’m wishing we had made this move a lot sooner than we did. We wouldn’t have struggled as much as we had been struggling these past couple of years had we have made the switch sooner. But what’s done is done and we are moving forward having a much happier homeschool experience this year with me loosing less hair from me pulling it out....LOL! 

No comments: