Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024
Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Friday, February 3, 2023

Early Birthday Gift….

Early Birthday gift for my nephew. He unfortunately trashed my 20 year old mountain bike in the rain yesterday. I felt so badly about that because he could have been so much more seriously injured than he was. He was banged up pretty good. The bike was not worth repairing so he got a new bicycle today. The pictures are from where he got injured and him with his new bike. We got him one that has disc brakes instead of rim brakes so that he never has an injury like this again from wet brakes that wouldn’t stop. Disc brakes stop even in the rain because the water flows right through them. His Maw Maw and I want him safe on the road when he’s riding it to school and back. I’ve never felt so badly for something like this accident happening in my life. I feel like I didn’t prepare him enough about how rim brakes act in wet weather conditions. It’s a lesson learned for me and an even harder one for him. This new bike makes sure he won’t ever have that problem again. I just hate he got hurt like he did😞. 






No comments: