Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team - Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team -  Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown
Tim did a 74kg Snatch and a 90kg Clean & Jerk at the 2024 Athletic Lab Spring Open Meet on 4.6.2024. He got Gold and made new Meet PR's too.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Being a wife and mommy

Those of you who have known me most of my life probably find it hard to believe that I am a wife and stay at home mother. Some of you probably had a hard time picturing it. It's awesome how God can change your desires so drastically. Nothing makes me more happy than to be a wife and mom. I love staying at home with Timmy. I love being a homemaker. Who would have ever known that I would love it so much after being so independent for so long?!

Timmy will be four months old on the 11th. It seems that these four months have went by so fast. I've elected to breastfeed which has its pros and cons. The big con is that he doesn't want to take a bottle. That makes it hard to be able to go out and do anything without him. We are still trying and we're not giving up hope that he will take a bottle.

You'd think that with being the oldest child that it would have been second nature for me to take care of a little one but it's completely different when it's your own child. I just had to help out my mom when I was growing up. When it's your own you are responsible for them 24 hours 7 days a week. Everything has changed. What an adjustment. We love it though.

We wouldn't trade where we are in our lives. Scot is an awesome husband and dad. We may not have the freedoms we used to have now that we have a child in our lives but that's ok because he's worth it. God has blessed us so much. We have a great marriage, a beautiful son, a beautiful home, and a thriving business. We give glory, honor, and praise to God for it all!

1 comment:

The Tribe said...

The Lord is so good! I praise Him with you for where He has you and how He is blessing you!