Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024
Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Accident Yesterday…

So yesterday this happened. I was completely stopped at a stop light in traffic and was rear ended by someone not paying any attention to their driving🤦🏻‍♀️. I was the only one in the van because T was doing his last day of drivers ed class online. Go figure 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️ right?!  I’ve been with T all week for his classes and was there until he finished his test then had to go for an appointment. I’ve been listening and watching videos with him and driving even more alert and focused because of being involved in the classes all week. After several hours of being checked at the hospital to make sure there was nothing really wrong with me I was released with knowing that all the pain I’m having is just muscle pain. I’m slow moving with all the muscle soreness and very thankful that it wasn’t any worse than it was. The van was drivable so Scot drove it home.  The guy that hit me was not paying any attention to his driving. He’s blessed that I’m not like most people and how I’ve seen folks acting at the scene of accidents. Was I mad 😠?  You bet. Acting out in anger doesn’t help matters though. I was calm. I got checked out. I’m thankful to God for His protection in the situation. I have some medicine to help with the muscle pain. All will be good and God will take care of everything. 

Everyone hear me out!!!  Focus on your driving at all times!!!  As they say in drivers ed, “The life you save may be your own!”  Set your cell phones to silence when you are driving!!!  Nothing is so important that it cannot wait until you are stopped and no longer driving. With the technology that we have today in vehicles there is absolutely no reason that your face should be looking anywhere else but on the road!!!  If you want to change a radio station wait until you are stopped!!!  If you wanna change the temperature in the vehicle because you are too cold/hot wait until you are stopped!!!

I drove commercially for many years. I’ve personally seen some really bad situations that didn’t have to happen. Almost all accidents happen because drivers are not focused on their driving. Case in point what happened to me yesterday. Folks focus on the road. Set a good example for your kids to follow as well. Let’s face it our kids hear what we say but see what we do. More than ever I’ve been more focused when on the road because all too often almost every car I pass the diver has their cell phone in their hand and that = being distracted. It’s so very important that we teach our kids not to be that person!!!  That is all!








No comments: