Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024
Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Friday, May 28, 2021

School, Training, and My Leg and Foot

T has been plugging away at school. Next week he takes his EOG’s and we are done for the year. He will be doing some handwriting curriculum this summer. His handwriting and his cursive writing needs big improvements so when he’s not training or competing that will be something extra he works on this summer. It’s the one drawback to all online classes. There’s no actual handwritten assignments. 


T is training like crazy when he’s not doing school. He’s working hard to get his weight down another weight division from where he’s been fighting. Huge opportunities sometimes require huge sacrifices. This boy is going hard after his goals. We are hoping and praying he is able to meet his goals and do well as he competes this summer. He loves this sport but he knows he needs to make some serious advances as he competes this summer. This could be a banner summer for him and possibly get him noticed by the Olympic Coaches, or at a minimum, get him on the US Olympic Coaches radar which would be a really great thing. If he medals at AAU Nationals he will advance to team trails and if he wins at team trials he makes the AAU National Team and that’s another really awesome thing that could happen for him. A lot hinges on him being able to reach his weight division goals and also his training goals (skills goals). He’s working harder than ever before and at the end of the day he can know that he put everything he had into reaching his goals and whether he actually reaches them or not we will be proud of him for having given it all he had. 

Later this morning we head down to Waxhaw, NC just outside of Charlotte for him to train with his team and coach for the weekend. He will also get to spend some time with his body coach, Master Calvin. The time he gets with him is so precious and helps him so very much in moving forward in this sport. 

My leg and foot are continuing to heal. I’m still dealing with some pain and swelling. I’m able to move around better but when I’m on it a lot I pay for it later. Last weekend I was on it a ton taking photos and all week I’ve been dealing with pain and swelling as a result. I’ve just gotta keep it all in check and not do too much too soon. I’m just glad I can get around better. I wear the med boot out in public but at home I just use an ace wrap. I try to keep it out of the boot as much as possible so I can move and exercise it more in order to aid in helping it along as it heals. 

It’ll be just T and I going to Waxhaw this weekend. It will be the first time since I hurt my foot and leg that I’ve drove that length of a drive on my own. I’ll be stopping more often in order to give myself a bit of a rest because I’m still recovering. That’ll be how the drive back home will go too. So thankful that T is such a huge help. 

That’s all I have for now. Have a great weekend!  

No comments: