Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024
Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Update on Me and the Vehicle Situation...

With every chiropractor appointment I'm feeling better.  It's like one step forward and two steps back saying though.  I feel good for a day or two then start hurting again just before I'm due to go to the next chiropractor appointment.  It's a lot of up and down like a yo-yo right now but the chiropractor assures me that I will keep improving and feel much better in a couple of weeks.  Regardless though, whatever life throws at you you have to make the most of it and deal with it as it comes or else you're not truly living.  That's what we are doing.  

Since the accident when I'm in a vehicle I am hyper focused on everything going on around me.  Especially other drivers.  Almost every driver we pass on the road is distracted and looking at their cell phones while driving.  It's nuts.  And while T was taking drivers ed class the week I had my accident the teacher told them all that the majority of distracted driving accidents that are happening today is because of the invention of a little device that we carry in our pocket/purses...the cell phone.  She made a point of driving home how incredibly dangerous it is to be looking at your cell phone while driving.  When I got hit while I was at a full stop at a red light the guy that hit me was probably on said device.  I totally get what the teacher was saying to them.  She also said that your parents didn't have these little distractions when they were learning to drive.  She's right too.  Lot's less distractions back then and not near as many accidents as are happening today.  

We are currently in a rental vehicle and I have to say that I've never been as found of having car play in your vehicle as I am now.  My cell phone is always stored away because apple car play makes it possible for you to be totally and completely hands free in your car.  The map app I use shows up on the vehicles screen.  My music playlist is on the screen too.  I never have to look down or away while I'm driving because I can control things from my steering wheel.  It's pretty awesome to have but it won't be in our wheelhouse to buy it if we have to get another vehicle.  

Which leads me to this...We finally got our vehicle in to a shop that we know and trust and got an estimate from them.  We went in already knowing they generally run high on their estimates but we wanted something to have to gauge other estimates we get by.  The problem that we have is our van is old.  14 years old to be exact.  According to the estimate we got it will be turned in as a total loss.  We go Friday to one of the shops the insurance company works with to see what they say.  Scot is being more positive thinking about this for sure.  I've been being proactive and searching to see what we are looking at to get another van for the business and to say I've been even more stressed in seeing what's out there and the $$$ it will cost is an understatement.  It frustrates me to no end to think about how this guy is going to cost us more money if they total our vehicle.  We don't need, nor can we really afford, another car payment. I'm not sure what we are going to do but Scot and I both are fully aware that we have to have another vehicle.  It's a need and not a want but the paying for that need is something neither of us is thrilled about because it will cut into the budget big time.  But that is where we are on the vehicle situation anyhow.   

I'm going to take a break here shortly because my chiropractor wants my time in front of the screen to be in short spurts with lots of breaks to rest so I can heal more quickly.  

No comments: