Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team - Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Team -  Jan. 2024 - Charlotte Triple Crown
Tim did a 74kg Snatch and a 90kg Clean & Jerk at the 2024 Athletic Lab Spring Open Meet on 4.6.2024. He got Gold and made new Meet PR's too.

Friday, April 17, 2009

How are things in Mommy Land?

I get asked this question a lot and thought I'd blog about it. For the most part I love being a stay at home mom. There are times when I could climb the walls also. Up until I got married then pregnant I worked. I worked for the State of NC for about 16 years or so. When I wasn't working that job I had other part time jobs that I worked. So for someone that was used to staying busy all the time being a stay at home mom has had its frustrating moments. Not that I would trade it for anything else. I don't want anyone raising my children except me and Scot. There are too many kids out there that are being raised by everyone else but the parents and that's not how it should be. I may miss being busy working all the time and being on the go constantly but I'd rather miss it than have my child raised by someone other than me. So here in "Mommy Land" it's me and Timmy hanging out, playing, reading, and watching Handy Manny, Yo Gaba Gaba, and things of that nature. We get out on occasion but for the most part stay home. Timmy is a much happier little boy if he sticks to a routine. I'm sure that will go bye bye this summer as we will probably be more active and going more places. So probably the biggest thing I miss is adult conversation. You moms that stay home know how that feels. Other than that things are good. Timmy is a very active boy who keeps me on my toes so it makes it hard for me to get anything else done because I'm chasing him around all the time. I know what you are thinking too. Why doesn't she put him in a play pen? Yeah, right, tried that and it didn't work. I'd rather it be peaceful than to have to hear him screaming constantly. Yeah, that's what he does when he's in the play pen. If I had put him in it as an infant he'd probably like it. My bad. Now I know and I won't make that mistake with the next child should we have another one. We are still talking about that. You learn as you go but all you moms know that already. Anyhow, now the question has been answered. Have a great day! :-)

2 comments:

Jennifer Spinks said...

I understand how you feel...sometimes being home all the time makes you really want adult conversation but it is worth it to be home with our children. We should get our boys together sometime when Caleb gets a little older and can play with other babies!

The Tribe said...

How many words a day do us women need to expend? No wonder many first borns with stay at home mom's talk so early :-). I love being home with my brood and know the Lord is pleased with you for raising Timmy for His glory!