Family Pic 2024

Family Pic 2024
Scot, Lisa, Tim, Tucker(dog), Stampy(wild hair guinea pig) & Dan(guinea pig)

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024
Athletic Lab Weightlifting Club 2024

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Training Yesterday

T didn’t have his best day yesterday with training. His body was burning up when he came off the mat. He looked like he could throw up any moment. I put ice packs on him right away thinking it’s heat exhaustion because he hadn’t drank enough water. I called his doctor and they thought the same thing and I let her know about when I took his temp at around 9 or 10 last night and he had a 103.6 fever. I had given ibuprofen at 5:30 and he has to wait 6 hours to take another doze and even with meds in him it was that high. Anyhow I was advised to take him to the hospital in case he needed IV fluids. It turns out that my pushing fluids from 5:30 up until we went to the hospital late last night that I was able to hydrate him. His electrolytes looked good. The doc did say that she could see from the urine they took that he had been pushing his body and training hard. I didn’t know that you could tell that with just doing urine analysis. Now I know. Anyhow T learned a hard lesson in all this and that’s to drink a ton of water. All he presented with was a headache and fever. No other symptoms. His dad and I still feel all he dealt with came from heat exhaustion because he wasn’t drinking enough water and we know that for a fact because we keep a close eye on his intake verses how much he’s working out. At any rate he’s feeling better today but I’m making him rest and not allowing him to get out of bed except to go to the bathroom. He can’t train until he’s been fever free for 24 hours. So we wait it out. So thankful for all of Donna’s help. We are staying with her while down here this time instead of the extended stay hotel where we normally stay. With what he’s dealing with it’s a godsend to be at her home and not at an extended stay. 



No comments: